Friday 6 January 2012

Fingers Crossed

Image by Discoodoni
Well, it seems that bloggers all over the universe are posting about what they hope to achieve in 2012. I’ve read several posts like this and have enjoyed them all (I’m far too nosey for my own good!). So, with this in mind, I’m taking a running jump on the bandwagon and doing the same.

1. Kindle: I had the new Kindle model for my birthday a few weeks ago. I’ve only used it to read fiction on, but would really like to utilise the other features it offers. I find it handy, portable and convenient, and by the end of the year I hope to be fully conversant with all aspects of the Kindle. Not a major resolution, but it takes me ages to get be comfy with new gadgets.

2. The work-related aim: As Systems Librarian, I administer and maintain Heritage LMS. However, at the moment I am unfamiliar with the majority of the modules. I’d really like to get to grips with the reports and stocktaking options. I’d feel much more confident with my Heritage knowledge (and performance at work) once I’ve got these nailed.

3. Blog-tastic: In 2011, I posted 61 blog entries on BtB. I plan to continue blogging, although without CPD23 there probably won’t be quite as many entries in 2012! I also contribute to the NWHC Library blog at work. The two blogs are very different and I enjoy the variances in topics and style.

4. Revalidation: Yup, that dreaded word. I chartered in Jan 2010 and as it covers a three year fixed-period, I need to start the revalidation ball rolling this year. I was a terrible chartership candidate and it took me 18 months to complete. Must be more dedicated this time!

5. A weighty issue: On a personal note, my bestest bud is getting married later this year and I’ll be a bridesmaid. In the three years since I turned 30, I’ve piled on a shameful one and a half stone. I intend to ditch the blubber before the wedding and return to the weight I was in my 20s. This is by far the biggest challenge of my 2012 aims. Fingers crossed for me folks – I’ll need all the luck I can get! (Especially as here I am, chomping on a biscuit as I type!)

No comments:

Post a Comment